2020 BMW X3 vs. 2020 BMW X5
San Francisco shoppers looking to compare luxury SUVs often want to check out the BMW X3 vs. BMW X5. Compare these popular models in-depth to learn more about the difference between BMW X3 and X5, helping you to determine which model has the space, power, and features your San Jose drives demand!
BMW X3 vs. X5: Interior Space
When you compare BMW models, you’ll see that the X3 and X5 each seat five passengers standard, but the X5 makes room for up to seven when you opt for the available third row. In terms of interior space, the larger X5 offers a bit more cargo volume to stow your belongings:
- The compact crossover BMW X3 delivers 28.7-62.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- The midsize luxury SUV BMW X5 delivers 33.9-72.3 cubic feet of cargo space
BMW X3 vs. X5: Performance
Both BMW SUV models bring strong engines with impressive towing capabilities to help out on Dublin adventures, in addition to rear-wheel drive and the intelligent BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system.
2020 BMW X3 Engine Options
- 248-hp 2.0L I-4 engine with 258 lb-ft of torque, 4,400-pound towing capacity, rear-wheel drive, or available BMW xDrive all-wheel drive
- 382-hp 3.0L M Performance I-6 engine with 382 lb-ft of torque, 4,400-pound towing capacity, and xDrive all-wheel drive
2020 BMW X5 Engine Options
- 335-hp 3.0L I-6 engine with 330 lb-ft of torque, 7,200-pound towing capacity with rear-wheel drive, 6,603-pound towing capacity with available xDrive all-wheel drive
- 456-hp 4.4L V8 engine with 479 lb-ft of torque, 6,603-pound towing capacity, xDrive all-wheel drive
- 523-hp 4.4L M Performance engine V8 engine with 553 lb-ft of torque, 7,200-pound towing capacity, xDrive all-wheel drive
BMW X3 vs. X5: Feature Highlights
When you compare the X3 and X5 BMW SUV models, you can expect both options to deliver classic BMW luxury with a lengthy list of high-end comfort, tech, and convenience features like Bluetooth®, leatherette seating, voice-activated navigation, and optional features like a hands-free liftgate and cooled front seats.
If interior features are your deciding factor when you compare BMW models, here’s how the X3 vs. X5 break down:
- Heated front seats: Available in the X3, standard in the X5
- 12-volt power outlets: 2 standard in the X3, 4 standard in the X5
- Speakers: 12 standard in the X3, 10 standard in the X5
- Speed-sensitive volume control: not available in the X3, standard in the X5
Compare BMW Models at East Bay BMW
Perhaps the best way to determine whether the X3 or X5 is right for you among BMW SUV models is to test drive each vehicle at East Bay BMW! Contact our team to arrange your test drive near San Ramon today. While you’re here, you can start a conversation with our friendly finance team to learn more about your buying options, ask about our new vehicle specials, and more! Want to continue your X5 research? Compare the BMW X5 vs. Tesla Model X to see how it fares against this all-electric competitor.