BMW X5 vs. Mercedes-Benz GLE
Driver and front passenger
Drivers in the market for a luxury SUV with all the bells and whistles have likely compared the BMW X5 vs. GLE. While the competitor from Mercedes-Benz is a worthy opponent, it doesn’t quite measure up when you see all that the BMW X5 has to offer. East Bay BMW has performed an SUV comparison to help San Francisco shoppers make a more informed decision. Compare the X5 vs. GLE today to see which SUV best meets your needs.
When it comes to SUVs, performance is often a top concern for San Jose drivers. Fortunately for those who opt for the BMW X5, a more powerful and efficient engine is available.
- BMW X5 Engine: 3.0L I-6 delivering 335 hp
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 400 Engine: 3.0L V-6 delivering 329 hp
- BMW X5 Fuel Economy: 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 400 Fuel Economy: 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway
In many cases, the engine offering the higher horsepower figures is usually the less efficient option. That’s not so with the X5 vs. GLE. Drivers will have a slight advantage in power as well as save at the gas pump if they choose the X5.
Seating and Safety
Drivers who decide to go for the BMW X5 will also have more room for passengers. The X5 is offered with seating for 5 or 7 passengers. There is only enough seating for 5 occupants in the Mercedes-Benz GLE 400.
When looking at the X5 vs. GLE in terms of safety, the X5 once again has quite a few advantages.
- The X5 offers knee protection airbags for both the driver and front passenger. Only the driver is protected in the GLE 400.
- A lane departure warning system is standard on the X5, but it is an optional add-on for the GLE.
- Parking assist is another standard feature on the X5 that requires an upgrade with the GLE 400.
- You will find a standard blind spot monitor on the 2019 BMW X5, but you will have to pay extra for this feature on the Mercedes-Benz GLE.
Perform Your Own SUV Comparison at East Bay BMW
Now that you have compared the X5 vs. GLE, you can see how the BMW SUV outshines its rival from Mercedes-Benz. However, there is so much more to love about the new X5 that we haven’t yet mentioned. To see all that it has to offer Dublin drivers, be sure to set up a test drive with East Bay BMW. While you’re here, you can compare it to the smaller BMW X3. You can also contact us at any time with questions you may have. Interested in continuing your BMW vs. Mercedes-Benz SUV comparison research? Check out how the BMW X3 vs. Mercedes-Benz GLC fare against each other.