BMW 3 Series vs. BMW 5 Series
255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque
If you are in the market for a luxury sedan, it’s highly likely that you have considered one of the outstanding options from the BMW lineup. If you have narrowed down your search to the BMW 3 Series and BMW 5 Series, there are a few things you will want to consider before making a decision. East Bay BMW compares the BMW 3 Series vs. 5 Series in terms of pricing, performance, and interior features. We compare BMW models here to help you decide which car will work best for your needs.
BMW Sedan Price
2019 BMW 3 Series: The BMW 3 Series comes in two configurations: 330i and 330i xDrive. The 330i has a starting price of $40,250 MSRP. The 330i xDrive begins at $42,250 MSRP.
2019 BMW 5 Series: This BMW vehicle comes in a whopping seven configurations: 530i, 530i xDrive, 540i, 540i xDrive, and M550i xDrive, as well as two hybrid models: 530e iPerformance and 530e xDrive iPerformance. Listed below is the pricing for each trim:
- 530i: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $55,700
- 540i: Starting MSRP of $58,950
- 540i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $61,250
- M550i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $74,450
- 530e iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530e xDrive iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $55,700
BMW Sedan Performance
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: The BMW 3 Series comes standard with a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder. It is mated with an eight-speed sport automatic transmission, which allows the 3 Series to deliver 255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. Additionally, it offers impressive speed, going from 0-60 mph in just 5.3 seconds! It is equipped with a 15.6-gallon fuel tank, so you don’t have to constantly stop for fuel.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: The BMW 5 Series also has a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder in its base model. The engine is paired with the eight-speed sport automatic transmission as well, and this powertrain configuration is capable of 248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0-60 mph in 6 seconds, and it has an 18-gallon fuel tank.
BMW Sedan Interior Features
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: There’s 38.7 inches of headroom, 42 inches of legroom, and 56 inches of shoulder room in the front of this base-level sedan. The seats are upholstered with SensaTec fabric, and the 14-way power front seats make it easy for passengers to get comfortable while on the Dublin streets. The interior of this sedan also features the iDrive 6.0 system and the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, which allows you to easily control navigation, settings, and entertainment with voice commands.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: The 5 Series has similar dimensions with 38.8 inches of headroom, 41.4 inches of legroom, and 58.7 inches of shoulder room. You will also find SensaTec upholstery on the base trim as well as 14-way power front seats. The iDrive 6.0 system enhances the BMW 5 Series interior with a rearview camera, ambient lighting, and Intelligent Voice Control for hands-free connectivity.
Shop for the BMW 3 Series or 5 Series at East Bay BMW
Now that you have compared these BMW sedan models, it’s the perfect time to see what they can do on a test drive around Pleasanton. You can also compare BMW models to other competitors from Lexus, Tesla, and Mercedes-Benz. Additionally, you can compare the brand new 3 Series to the Acura TLX. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the team at East Bay BMW.